Using the wrong kitchen utensils will only cause frustration and less than desirable results when cooking. Invest in the best you can afford, building your collection little by little and you’ll be rewarded by great results for many years to come.
Here are some of the main categories of accessories you need in the kitchen:
• Machine processors: blenders, hand-held mixers or a standing mixer, food processors, a mini-chop and a hand-held blender. Invest in quality because cheap equipment simply won't not last. Two good brands known for their quality and longevity in the kitchen are Kitchenaid and Cuisinart.
• Hand processors: these are hand-held kitchen utensils like a cheese grater, a potato masher, a garlic press, a lemon squeezer and a pepper and salt mill for high-quality seasonings.
• Knives: buy the best quality you can afford. You can buy these one by one so you have only what you use and not a lot of useless knives taking up space in a big block on the counter.
• Gadgets: these are peelers, corkscrews, bottle openers and can-openers, as well as poultry shears and other items that help you get kitchen tasks done easier.
• Measuring and Mixing tools: a good set of measuring cups for dry ingredients and a pourable, heatable glass measuring cup for liquids are indispensable for creating successful recipes. A stainless steel set off measuring spoons is also an essential tool.
• Cooking Utensils: these are the pots, pans and kitchen tools that actually help cook the food. Invest in a good-quality, long-lasting set of stainless steel kitchen utensils including a ladle, serving spoon, spatula, slotted spoon and sieves in large and small sizes. If your cookware choice proves to be non-stick or hard-anodized aluminum, then you’ll need to invest in a separate set of silicone or wooden cooking utensils to protect the finishes and keep your cookware as long-lasting and beautiful as possible.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.
Summer Sale Now at Chefs! Find savings up to 70% Off on tableware, cookware, kitchen tools and more.