Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Cookware Sets and other Cookware topics.
Any cookware set will always include the basics. These are the essential pots and pans you need on a daily basis to cook most meals. Larger c ookware sets include many more different pieces. This way, you can choose from a basic 7-piece cookware set all the way to a full 15-piece cookware set. You can get even more extra pieces if you wait for a special cookware set sale or other promotion. Here's a description of the basic pieces you may find in a set, as well as what cooking techniques they provide:
· Large spaghetti pot or stock pot: This two-handled pot is great for cooking large amounts of pasta, stews and soups. Sometimes a spaghetti strainer or a vegetable steamer that fits in the pot will also be included.
· Medium saucepan: This is the most versatile pot for cooking sauces, vegetables and rice, as well as for heating up leftovers.
· Small saucepan: Sometimes called a butter warmer, this small pot is great for cooking small amounts of liquids (one quart or less).
· Large sauté pan: This type of cooking pan has higher, straighter sides than a large frying pan. This pan is suitable for cooking whole meals and even stir-frying.
· Large frying pan: With its angled sides and shallow surface, these pans are great for cooking with oils and flipping foods.
· Small frying pan or omelet pan: This is usually a non-stick pan for creating a perfect two-egg omelet.